21 May Sticky Aubergine
We love this served beside some wok fried greens and sticky white rice or in a Thai salad with a zesty and spicy dressing.
Aubergine is such a beautiful ingredient because it absorbs so much flavour. The longer you cook it the more it melts in your mouth.
So you got an Aubergine in your farm box and here’s one way we like to cook it.
1 Whole Aubergine
2 Spring Onions
1tbsp Mirin (Japanese rice vinegar)
2tbsp Sesame Oil
2tbsp Soy sauce or Tamari for GF
1. Cut aubergine into long strips and score with a sharp knife like the image above
2. Toss your aubergine through the marinade ensuring the entire vegetable has been coated.
3. Lay out on a roasting tray and put in the oven at 180* for 30 mins or until soft and gooey
4. Keep the remaining marinade and baste your aubergine 2 – 3 times throughout cooking
6. Aubergine should have a glaze and darkened colour once cooked
7. Top with toasted sesame seeds and spring onion